SPEEDHEATER INFRARED (IR) PAINT REMOVER FACTS:
The Speedheater™ Infrared (IR) Paint Remover radiates at about 380-580°F.
Paint is only heated to 200-400°F with the Speedheater™ used 20-60 seconds.
Wood catches on fire at about 745°F depending on the thickness and type of wood.
Acrylic paint will become soft at about 100-275°F.
Lead in paint will become toxic gas at about 1000°F.
This is Duffy Hoffman showing a technique for stripping baseboards using the Speedheater™ 1100 Infrared Paint Remover.
- Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) Certified.
- Output: 1100 W.
- Dimensions : (approx.) 14.5 ” x 7 1/8″ x 6 2/8″ (370 x 180 x 160 mm).
- Weight: (approx.) 4 lb. 3 oz. (1900 g).
- Heating area: 11-12″ x 4-5″ (310 x 125 mm).
- Heating time: 20-60 seconds.
- Power: 15 Amp. 115 volt grounded outlet (standard household)
- New shock absorbers to prevent most bulb breakage.
- Improved internal and external wiring; upgraded infrared tubes and switch.