The Classic Arm
The Classic Arm is one of our accessories which can be a major time and muscle saver using our Speedheater™1100. Holding the Speedheater™1100 for a long time can be tiring. The Classic Arm is a versatile, hands-free, articulating accessory which holds the Speedheater™1100 through a complete range of motion. Using it requires very little muscle power but promises quick rotation perfect for hard-to-reach painted areas such as soffits, ceilings, and angled surfaces. When the Speedheater™1100 is securely attached to the Arm, accidental dropping is eliminated. This Arm is guaranteed to save you time and prevent back and neck strain associated with extensive paint removal projects.
- 12 lbs of electro-galvanized steel
- Powder-coated and zinc-iron treated steel
- 3-joint, articulating attachment extends the Speedheater™1100 five feet on either side of the pipe; total 10 ft feet of sideways reach in one wall mounting.
- 1 metal clamp adjusts the Speedheater™ and Arm up and down the pipe for full horizontal surface stripping up to the height of the pipe
- 2 metal, siding/wall brackets wrap around the pipe to secure the Speedheater™1100 attached to the Classic Arm securely against the painted surface as it is fully extended across the vertical surface (10 feet).
- 1 metal base to stabilize the bottom end of the pipe on the ground
- 1 metal rod threads through the Speedheater™1100 tool’s base for full 360º rotation of the tool on vertical, horizontal, and angled surfaces
- Pipe not included: Customer provides a heavy metal, round, and long pipe. (Shipping this part from Eco-Strip is not cost-effective, and the pipe needs to be custom cut.)
- ★ Pipe Diameter: 1 inch to 1.5 inch. Top rail of chain-link fencing is commonly used. Do not use PVC or aluminum pipe.
- ★ Pipe Length: Custom-cut to match the full height of the painted surface to be stripped.
- Some assembly required. Read our blog: How to Mount a Speedheater™ Classic Arm
|Shipping Weight||15 lbs|
|Shipping Dimensions||20 × 12 × 3 in|
Productivity during paint removal from large areas is slow and labor intensive with any paint stripping method. The Classic Arm was invented by Speedheater Systems to double the productivity of the Speedheater™ Method when using the larger Speedheater™1100. Holding the 4 lb Speedheater™1100 manually for extended periods of time can cause worker arm and neck fatigue. With a one-person operation, the worker holds the tool against the surface until it is heated, sets the tool aside, quickly scrapes that surface, again picks up the Speedheater™ and repeats the process. Using a two-person operation, one worker’s job is to continuously hold the tool, heat a surface and then move the tool ahead to heat the next area; simultaneously, a second worker follows behind scraping the first heated area.
The Classic Arm doubles the Speedheater™1100’s efficiency regardless if one or two workers are used. While one worker uses both hands to scrape a heated area, the Classic Arm accessory, at the same time, holds the Speedheater™1100 hands free and heats the next area ahead. This totally eliminates both the tool’s down time and the need for a second worker. Labor hours are cut 50%. Another strong advantage of the Classic Arm is that by mechanically holding the tool for the worker, worker arm and neck fatigue are greatly reduced. In addition, using the Classic Arm extends the life of the Speedheater™1100 by preventing it from being dropped.
Exteriors: Siding, soffits, exterior large, tall windows and door frames
Interiors*: Ceilings; high wood trim such as high interior windows, door frames and wainscoting; wood paneling
* Some customers have created their own free-standing bases for the Classic Arm to help with their interior paint stripping. These movable bases must be heavy enough to counterbalance the weight of the 4 lb. Speedheater™1100 and the fully-extended, 12 lb. Classic Arm. For example, a 5-gallon bucket with the pipe secured in concrete works well. Adding locking wheels to this base facilitates easy floor movement and stability of the hands free Classic Arm system. Stripping interior or porch ceilings or vertical stripping of wood paneling or high trim is faster and less labor intensive.
Item Number 3-981
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.